Automatic Train Control System Engineering Support Services
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA)
SFMTA’s Twin Peaks Tunnel Trackway Improvement Project will replace the track structure in the Twin Peaks Tunnel between the West Portal Station and the old Eureka Valley Station in order to increase speed and reliability. The work includes replacement of ballast, ties, and track in the Twin Peaks tunnel. The project will require removal and installation of components of the train control system during the tunnel shutdown
The objective for Auriga is to provide train control engineering support and oversight services during the tunnel shutdown for the Twin Peaks Tunnel Trackway Improvement Project.
Auriga will assist SFTMA in the review and acceptance of construction contractor’s scope of work for signaling and related infrastructure; provide oversight and acceptance of disconnection of ATCS equipment; provide oversight and acceptance of installation of inductive loop and axle counters by Twin Peaks track contractor; and review and acceptance of close out submittals.
Scope of work and deliverables:
Auriga’s scope of work includes the following Tasks:
Pre-Tunnel Shutdown Support Services
- Review and comment on SFMTA, ATCS Supplier, and Contractor surveys, documents and drawings.
- Review and accept Thales inductive loop layout and design, procedures, and wiring modifications.
Support During Tunnel Shutdown
- Review and accept Thales test procedures for return to service.
- Oversight and acceptance of disconnections of ATCS equipment and removal of inductive loops.
- Oversight and acceptance of installation and testing of switch machines.
Support During Testing and Integration
- Oversight and acceptance of installation of inductive loop and axle counters.
- Oversight and acceptance of field integration test of ATCS equipment by Thales Transport and Security test engineers.
- Hour by hour report of activities and work completed during installation and integration testing of ATCS.
Support After Shutdown Work
- Review and acceptance of close out submittals such as as-built documentation provided by contractors.