Development of a Data Architecture Strategy for The State Of California
The Office Of The State Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
Auriga Corporation provided project management and coordination services to Office of the State Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for designing a State Wide Data Strategy Report.
In this role, Auriga’s responsibilities included the following:
- Reviewed existing statewide data sharing environment, identify risks, how it operates and how it succeeds or fails to deliver accurate consistent data;
- Defined a statewide data sharing strategy and functional design for an accurate single consistent source of data;
- Defined standards for Relational Databases (RDBMS);
- Defined standard framework for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Produced a roadmap to implement final strategy;
- Produced organizational change considerations to address the business change management needed to implement the plan;
- Ensured compliance with all applicable OCIO policies and procedures and industry standards.
- Participated in weekly Project Status Meetings as an advisor;
- Worked closely with the OCIO Project Manager and discuss all findings and recommendations;
- Ensured completeness and accuracy of all appropriate project plans, issue identification and risk assessment;
- Conducted initial and monthly risk management activities throughout the life of the project and present the findings and recommendations; and
- Conducted an initial and monthly project assessment throughout the life of the project and present the findings and recommendations.